Record Store Day
RSD September 2020 Drop
• All RSD releases go on sale at 9am AEST Saturday 26th September.
• No phone orders (our phone is currently offline) - Strictly online only!
• Limit Of 1 copy per customer per title
Big L - The Danger Zone LP
A first time vinyl release for this album from Big L.
“8 is Enuff (Demo Version)”, ”Harlem N.Y.C. (feat. Bootsie & Herb McGruff) [Beats 2 Blow Remix]”, “98' Halftime Radio”, “Yours (feat. O.C.)”, “Work Part II (feat. Gang Starr)”, “Tru Master”, “Cluemanati (feat. Herb McGruff)”, “5 Fingers of Death (feat. D.I.T.C.)”, “Let Me Find Out”, “We All Can't Ball (feat. Liz Lucci & Richie Thums)”, “Live in Amsterdam (feat. A.G. & Roc Raida)”
Camille Yarbrough - Iron Pot Cooker LP
First vinyl reissue of this landmark 1975 album released on Vanguard Records. Features "Take Yo' Praise," which was sampled in the hit song "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim. All-analog mastering from the original tapes by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, pressed on 180-gram black vinyl and housed in a single tip-on jacket.
1. But It Comes Out Mad 2. Dream - Panic - Sonny Boy the Rip-Off Man - Little Sally the Super Sex Star (Taking Care of Business) 3. Ain’t It A Lonely Feeling 4. Take Yo' Praise 5. Can I Get a Witness 6. All Hid
Curren$y - Pilot Talk LP
Pilot Talk was Curren$y's first project, originally released in 2010 and lauded as a classic.
1. “Example” | 2. “Audio Dope II” | 3. “King Kong” | 4. “Seat Change (feat. Snoop Dogg)” | 5. “Breakfast” | 6. “Roasted (feat. Trademark & Young Roddy)” | 7. “Skybourne (feat. Big KRIT & Smoke DZA)” | 8. “The Hangover (feat. Mikey Rocks)” | 9. “The Day (feat. Mos Def & Jay Electronica)” | 10. “Prioritize (feat. Nes Phips)” | 11. “Chilled Coughphee (feat. Devin the Dude)”| 12. “Address (feat. Stalley)” | “13. Life Under The Scope)”
Dave Pike - Jazz For Jet Set LP
For his 1966 debut for Atlantic Records, jazz vibraphonist and marimba player Dave Pike and an all-star lineup produced a perfect blend of Jazz, Latin, Soul and R&B that stands the test of time. Produced by Pike’s frequent collaborator Herbie Mann, Jazz for the Jet Set featured a young Herbie Hancock on organ (an instrument he rarely played again), Clark Terry on trumpet, Billy Butler on guitar, Grady Tate on drums, and many other talented musicians. From an artistic perspective, the album marked a pivotal time in Pike’s career, when he began to move away from straight-ahead jazz and forge a relationship with soul music, Latin rhythms, pop arrangements and more experimental styles. With this official re-issue courtesy of Nature Sounds, Jazz For The Jet Set is now back on limited-edition vinyl while supplies last.
1. “Blind Man Blind Man” 2. “Jet Set” 3. “Sunny” 4. “When I’m Gone” 5. “You’ve Got Your Troubles” 6. “Sweet Tater Pie” 7. “Just Say Goodbye” 8. “Devilette”
Murs & 9th Wonder - Brighter Daze LP
The vinyl release of the critically acclaimed Brighter Daze from Murs & 9th Wonder, featuring Rapsody, Problem and more.
1. “The Battle” | 2. “God Black / Black God” | 3. “How to Rob with Rob” | 4. “Lover Murs” | 5. “Get Naked (feat. Problem)” | 6. “The Shutters (feat. Reuben Vincent & Bad Lucc)” | 7. “Wait… Back It Up” | 8. “If This Should End?” | 9. “Walk Like a God (feat. Rapsody & Propaganda)” | 10. “Otha Fish” | 11. “Murs SuperStar”
Nas - God's Son LP
Nasir "Nas" Jones' 2001 record Stillmatic was considered a major comeback for the 90s rap icon. It signaled a return to the gritty, urban chaos of his acclaimed debut album, after releasing record after record of gradually more mainstream material, and Nas' return to prominence in the highest echelons of hip-hop. In spite of this newfound critical clout, Stillmatic's release did nothing to squash his then ongoing feud with fellow New Yorker Jay-Z, who had gone so far as to challenge Nas to a pay-per-view rap battle, a challenge Nas rejected, stating "If Jay-Z wants to battle, he should drop his album the same day I do and let the people decide."Nas fans never would get the no-holds barred lyrical battle with Jay-Z many had speculated. What they got instead was one of Nas' most personal and introspective releases to date in 2002. Not long after Stillmatic's release, Nas spent much of his time away from the limelight to tend to his ill mother, who would pass on from breast cancer in 2002. His experiences with his mother's mortality as well as the fallout of his feud with Jay-Z, who continued to produce diss tracks as Nas tended to his mother, would inspire much of the lyrical material on his next record. God's Son was released in December of 2002, and like Stillmatic before it, was subject to major critical acclaim.On God's Son, Nas effectively took the battle-hardened demeanor he had cultivated and tore it down across 14 tracks that were emotionally insular, though still dusted in urban grit, and still finding time to shoot back at Jay-Z's potshots on tracks like "Last Real Nigga Alive" and "Mastermind." Assisting Nas was a slew of top-tier producers like The Alchemist, Eminem, Ron Browz, and Salaam Remi, over samples of James Brown, the Incredible Bongo Band, Fela Kuti, and Beethoven, and guest vocals from Alicia Keys, Kelis, Claudette Ortiz of City High, and even a posthumous 2Pac.
God's Son has been out of print on vinyl since its initial 2002 release, but Get On Down is excited to bring you this deluxe LP package for Record Store Day 2020, remastered from its original audio and PRESSED ON BLUE & WHITE SWIRL VINYL + Housed In A High Gloss Jacket With Each LP Tucked Into A Printed Inner Sleeve!
1. Get Down, 2. The Cross, 3. Made You Look 4. Last Real Nigga Alive, 5. Zone Out (feat. Bravehearts), 6. Hey Nas (feat. Claudette Ortiz & Kelis), 7. I Can 8. Book Of Rhymes, 9. Thugz Mansion (N.Y.) (feat. 2Pac & J. Phoenix), 10. Mastermind, 11. Warrior Song (feat. Alicia Keys) 12. Revolutionary Warfare (feat. Lake), 13. Dance, 14. Heaven (feat. Jully Black)